Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Woohoo!!!

The nicest thing anyone has said to me so far this year:
Dear Paul,
Attached is a copy of your K3 invoice for your confirmation. Your order will be shipping within the next 7-10 days.
Finally, after 8 months and 4 days! I've changed my order slightly, sticking with the stock 2.7 kHz (5 pole) filters instead of the 2.8 kHz (8 pole) options, and adding 2.1 kHz (8 pole) filters to go along with the 6 kHz and 400 Hz filters (one of each in main and sub receivers). Also ordered: the KVX3 transverter output in order to take full advantage of the K3's myriad antenna possibilities; the KDVR3 digital voice recorder, as I intend to do some contesting with the new rig; and an MH2 hand mic just in case I ever need it. I will still have one open filter position in each receiver, but otherwise this radio is fully loaded.

Total price for all this fun stuff is $3,603.00 - this for a radio which by all early accounts will hold its own with (if not surpass) the Orion II ($4,500) and IC-7800 ($10,500).