Sunday, July 21, 2013

Flex 1500 and DM780

After a long and grueling day yesterday working the NAQP RTTY test (more on that anon), I decided Sunday was going to be spent getting the Flex 1500 working with DM780. Had to install Virtual Serial Port Manager to create (you guessed it) virtual serial ports, then Virtual Audio Cable to create (wait for it...) virtual audio cables, all so I can connect the Flex to the laptop with a single USB cable and run the PowerSDR software and Ham Radio Deluxe *and* pass TX and RX audio through the USB port to DM780 simultaneously.

What a ball buster. The first time I tried doing this, the VAC trial software refused to install. Today I downloaded the most recent version (whether it is the same version I tried previously, I cannot say) and tried again. No problems at all. I read the book of words on the Flex Knowledge Center, and fortune smiled upon me. Transmit and receive appear to be working, just a few issues to look at like long pauses after hitting the Send button, and even longer hangs whenever I seem to to anything at all in the Options panel.

No comments: