Thursday, December 5, 2013

DXCC from Texas!

This week, without even realizing it, I passed the 100 mark for DX entities confirmed from my Texas QTH! I currently sit at 103 countries verified total out of 151 worked, including 101 on Logbook of the World. This was done in approximately 14 months of operation since June 2009.

(By contrast, I had verified just 68 countries in 21 years while in New Jersey, mostly by accident -- I never really chased DX until now, I just worked them when I could and accumulated a bunch of cards via the incoming QSL bureau. I know I have a couple more verified from working the OSCAR 13 satellite, but they don't count...)

Interestingly, the mode breakdown is pretty even: 56 countries each on phone and CW, and 53 countries on digital (PSK31 and RTTY).

DXCC from Texas -- Yee-Haw!

No comments: