Much as I wanted to give a wholehearted effort in yesterday's IARU HF Championship, I was only to operate for less than 2 hours mid-afternoon. I still managed 6 new-for-Texas countries, two of which were new all-time for me: CN3A in Morocco, and SV9CVY, Mike in Crete, who eluded me the last time I heard him on 20m. This brings my DXCC total to 43 worked since June 16. Plus I worked South Dakota and Connecticut, too; nine states to go...
On more than one occasion I had DX stations question my Zone 7 exchange, asking if I wasn't Zone 8. I'm guessing whatever contest software they're using is pre-filling the ITU zone to 8 based on my W2 prefix. Hope these QSO's weren't blown.
Despite the embarrassment my whopping claimed score of 742 will surely cause me, I submitted my Cabrillo log file in order to help the guys I worked.
SolderSmoke Direct Conversion Challenge: 139 Receivers Built
-
Dave M6XTY
*As of September 28, 2026 1248Z*
*So far, total receivers built: 139 (131 plus 8 honorable mentions). Total
Count: 139. Receivers built in ...
4 days ago






(From 1978 WRTH)
No comments:
Post a Comment