Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 2009 Wrap-Up

First month (well, half-month actually...) back on the air, worked a few all-time new ones like New Caledonia (FK), Aaland Is. (OHØ), and New Zealand (ZL). (Have I really never worked ZL?!?!? That's hard to believe.) Also missed a few like S. Cook Islands and Fiji, both of which I heard on 20m PSK31 but QSB beat me too 'em.

QRV mostly on 20m but managed a few contacts on 40m including Barbados (8P6) on phone and Cuba (CO) on PSK31.

The IOTA count is tentative -- I fill in the IOTA numbers when I know I'm working an island on the official list; none of the stations worked so far have included IOTA no. in the exchange. Hopefully it will be stated on their cards so I can get award credit.

I probably should be working more USA stations for WAS but I'm too focused on DX. Still, I've got 13 states in the bag, and I know I've passed up at least a dozen others.

June 2009 Stats:
  • 55 Total QSOs Logged
  • 27 DXCC Entities
  • 12 CQ Zones
  • 13 States
  • 8 IOTA Islands

No comments: