Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One week later...



QRV: The station has been put back together, mostly. The K3 is connected to the old Dell desktop running XP, the  Flex 1500 to the laptop which I wiped clean and installed a fresh copy of Windows 8. Everything seems to be playing well together. One week back on the air and two new ones in the log: St. Helena and Indonesia.



Flex and DM780: Using VSP Manager, I was able to get the rig talking to HRD but still need to configure VAC to get DM780 working with the Flex. Either that or make a set of cables to get audio in and out of the rig. Much rather keep it down to a single USB connection, though.

DXCC!: The Awards tab in HRD kept telling me I had 80-something countries confirmed. Then I noticed a couple that were not checked, even though I know I had them. So a careful recount by hand ensued. Lo and behold, I have 102 confirmed. Only took 26 years of halfhearted card chasing.

No comments: